Association Terminology

What is a “Management Team,” what do they do, and how do I reach them?

Our onsite Management Team is contracted by the Board of Directors to provide such services as: Collection of assessments, supervision of subcontractors, obtaining bids for subcontracted services, providing financial statements and collection reports, as well as a general clearing house for problem solving, communications with homeowners and the Board of Directors and to serve in an advisor capacity. The management team reports directly to the Board and all decisions are made by a majority vote of the Board of Directors. The management team may be reached online through the Management Office page on this website or by phone: 425-836-1064.

Click here to contact the Redmond Ridge ROA management team.

What does the Association Director do?
  • Advise and provide administrative, managerial, and operational counsel to the association governing body
  • Exhibit professionalism and loyalty to the principal (the Board)
  • Exercise diligence in performing duties on the principal’s behalf
  • Account for financial activities of the Association
  • Perform on site property inspections
  • Solicit and evaluate bids for association services
  • Supervise maintenance activities and contractor performance
  • Oversee and authorize payment for primary association services
  • Know and abide by the Bylaws, recognizing the State agency that supervises the community associations

What is the Board of Directors?

The Homeowner’s Association is a corporation and therefore a governing body that is required to oversee its business. The Board of Directors is elected by the homeowners, or as otherwise specified in the bylaws. The limitation and restrictions of the powers of the Board of Directors is outlined in the Association governing documents.

Click here to learn more about the Board of Directors.

What are the CC&R’S?

The Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&R’s) are the governing legal documents that set up the guidelines for the operation of the planned community as a non-profit corporation. The CC&R’s were recorded by the County recorder’s office of the County in which the property is located and are included in the title to your property. Failure to abide by the CC&R’s may result in a fine to a homeowner by the Association. The governing legal documents for the association may be viewed online within the Resource Center page of this site.

Read CC&R’s Here.

What other Governing Documents are there?

The Governing Documents are legal documents that set guidelines for our community. You can find these Governing Documents here.

Below is the hierarchy of these governing documents:

  • Subdivision Plat: describes the location and nature of the common property and the individual lots
  • Property Deeds: comprise the individual lot deeds and the deeds to common property which give a legal description of the property
  • The Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions: the declaration of CC&R’s is the collection of covenants imposed on all property within the development and provides:
    • For automatic association membership of all owners and the basis for voting rights
    • The obligation of each owner to share in funding the cost of association operations
    • Certain restrictions (architectural control and other rules) on the use of the property and the association’s enforcement powers
    • Sets forth the power and authority of the association to own and maintain the common property and to make and enforce rules
  • Articles of Incorporation: creates the association as a legal entity under state corporate statute; defines the board powers and responsibilities of the association and its membership; and, sets forth the process for creating the board of directors, voting system, etc.
  • Bylaws: implements, in specific detail, the provisions of the CC&R’s and the Articles of Incorporation regarding the association operations, including delineation of the meeting process, election procedures, powers and duties, board meetings, committees, insurance requirements, rule-making and enforcement process
  • Rules and Regulations (In the Redmond Ridge Standards): sets forth the operational powers or provisions and the use restrictions adopted by the association

What is my assessment (dues)?

The assessment is the amount due from each homeowner to cover the operating expenses of the common area and provide for reserve funds for replacement of common facilities in future years. Your assessments are due on the first of the month. Learn about payment options here.

What is the ROA?

The ROA is the acronym used to describe the Redmond Ridge Residential Owners Association.

The Redmond Ridge Residential Owners Association (ROA):

  • Maintains the integrity and aesthetics of Redmond Ridge
  • Provides a forum for two-way communication and action about events and issues concerning Redmond Ridge and its surrounding area
  • Oversees the maintenance of common property including:
    • The neighborhood green belts
    • Community Center
    • ROA office
    • Alleys
    • Playgrounds
    • Trails
    • Ponds
    • Tree assessments
    • Monuments
    • Landscaping of Common Area
    • Irrigation of Common Area
  • Provides sensible guidelines through the Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&R’s) in order to protect owner’s investments and keep the community looking great
  • Coordinates fun community events, parties, and clubs

Download the Responsibility Chart to learn about the obligations of the ROA vs. owners/residents.

Who is a member of the ROA?

All Homeowners and renters in Redmond Ridge are automatically members of the ROA. Each member of the association pays a monthly assessment. The assessments are used to pay the expenses of maintaining the community. Some examples are, landscaping for the common areas, insurance for common structures, walking trails, and any other item delineated in the governing documents or agreed to by the Board of Directors.

Download the Responsibility Chart to learn about the obligations of the ROA vs. owners/residents.

What is a “Res Mod?”

Res Mod stands for Residential Modification. It’s often also referred to as an ARC or Architectural Review or request.

In Redmond Ridge, there are rules and guidelines regarding changes made to the exterior of your home/property. In most cases, a request or “Res Mod Application,” will need to be submitted and reviewed/approved before any changes to the exterior of your home/property can be made.